HARTLEY EVACUATED

UPDATE 14:56: THE LIBRARY HAS NOW RE-OPENED, AFTER AN HOURS CLOSURE! The University have confirmed that this was a false alarm, and there was not a fire.  Hartley library has […]

UPDATE 14:56: THE LIBRARY HAS NOW RE-OPENED, AFTER AN HOURS CLOSURE! The University have confirmed that this was a false alarm, and there was not a fire. 

Hartley library has been evacuated after the fire alarm was triggered at 13:40 this afternoon. The alarm has caused mayhem and confusion amongst students, with many now set to miss their 3:30PM deadlines today.

A security guard has told the Tab that the cause of the fire alarm is currently unknown, but with it taking over an hour to reset the alarm and fire curtains students have been stranded outside

One third year student told the Tab:

This is so unfair! I know that there are at least three third year deadlines at 3:30, how are they meant to do their work! Can’t believe this has happened, I am so stressed anyway! Hopefully we’ll get an extension.

There are worries for personal possessions as students have left their laptops unguarded in the building.