Police Hunting Supermarket Peeping Tom

Portswood Police are looking for information about a voyeur who was caught filming a woman in Sainsbury’s changing rooms. A 29 year old woman was trying on clothes in the […]

Portswood Police are looking for information about a voyeur who was caught filming a woman in Sainsbury’s changing rooms.

Did you recognise this man?

A 29 year old woman was trying on clothes in the Portswood megastore at around 2:30PM on the 10th of November when she noticed a camera or camera phone pointing over the top of her cubicle. After shouting at the person in the next cubicle she reported the incident to staff.

The Peeping Tom is described as a white male aged between 30 and 40, stocky with short dark hair and a beard. He was wearing a green cable knit jumper, jeans and dark shoes.

Portswood PC Sean Taylor is asking for the public’s help to identify the man in the CCTV image above. PC Taylor said:

This is a rare incident which occurred during a busy Saturday afternoon in a large supermarket. It was a particularly distressing experience for the woman and left her feeling extremely upset,”

Usually it is the streets of Portswood that are dangerous, we here at the Soton Tab urge all our readers to stay safe out there.

If you have any information about this incident, call Hampshire Police on 101 and ask for PC 25079 Taylor.