Voodoo Shuts… AGAIN

For the fifth year in a row it appears that the infamous Voodoo Lounge, previously Chilli White and Bliss, in the city centre has shut ‘temporarily’ due to licensing issues. The […]

For the fifth year in a row it appears that the infamous Voodoo Lounge, previously Chilli White and Bliss, in the city centre has shut ‘temporarily’ due to licensing issues.

No matter what the name, Voodoo has always been a popular venue

The Social Sciences and Humanities Christmas ball has been affected as well as all Juiced and Cocoloco events being cancelled. It is believed that Provenance will now take some of its business.

Those involved in the planning of the Social Sciences and Humanities Christmas ball are working closely with the organisers at Voodoo and wish to reassure students that the event is still going ahead on the date planned.

Rumors of a gas leak have emerged but we have been told that these must be ignored. A source has told The Tab:

The closure is due to licensing renewal issue and they will be opening again in a few weeks with Juiced resuming again as of next Friday.

Voodoo was formerly known as Chilli Whites and the year before that, Bliss.

Cocoloco have been approached for a statement and we are awaiting a reply.

Updates to follow when we know more.