Southampton aims to SMASH Moustache World Record

With Movember in full swing, Solent Students’ Union have spotted a perfect record-breaking opportunity. They are aiming to break the Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of people with moustaches! At […]

With Movember in full swing, Solent Students’ Union have spotted a perfect record-breaking opportunity.

They are aiming to break the Guinness World Record for the largest gathering of people with moustaches! At midday on the 30th of November, Mo-Bros are encouraged to descend on Guildhall Square in the centre of Southampton. The record currently stands at 1,131 and they are hoping to smash that record out of the water. There will be a suggested £1 donation for each attendee with all the proceeds going to Prostate Cancer UK.

The event, organised by Solent Students’ Union, will mark the end of this month’s Movember campaign, which aims to raise awareness of men’s health, particularly prostate and testicular cancers.

Solent Students’ Union President, Christina Stone said:

We want students, staff, residents, visitors and anyone else that can, to join in with this attempt to beat the record. It’s a brilliant way to draw attention to men’s health issues and not to mention the potential to raise all important funds for Prostate Cancer UK.”

The rules are strict however, there is a minimum-Mo-requirement and they can’t be fake! Also, the collected Mo-Bros have to stay in place for 10 minutes for the record to hold.

The Facebook event for the record attempt can be found here

From Solent and interested in writing for The Tab? Click here to join our writers’ group.