Roosters on FIRE

The beloved student wanna-be Nando’s is currently smoldering in Portswood High Street. Thick black plumes of smoke are billowing out of the fast food joint at the front and rear. […]

The beloved student wanna-be Nando’s is currently smoldering in Portswood High Street.

Roosters: Minutes after the first fire engine arrived

Thick black plumes of smoke are billowing out of the fast food joint at the front and rear. At least 6 fire engines are in attendance and several police cars and ambulances.

Onlookers are standing across the street shocked at the scene in front of their eyes. One third year student, Olivia Aspinall told the Soton Tab:

I was walking by Trago Lounge to get breakfast and could smell the smoke from there. We walked down the high street and saw all the smoke billowing out of Roosters.

Reports of EIGHT fire engines at the scene

Portswood Road is currently closed in both directions whilst fire fighters tackle the blaze. Only yesterday was there another fire in Portswood, this time behind the Machine Mart shop at the top of Portswood Road.

The surrounding shops have been evacuated as smoke continues to billow out of the buildings.

Unconfirmed reports have reached The Tab stating there were no injuries and that Portswood Road is beginning to open in sections.

Via Stephen Miller on Twitter (@miller_drums)

Check out our images from the scene here:

Credit to Louisa Smith, Amy Ashenden, Oliver Davis, Edward Seabrook and Oliver Lea for photos. If you have any images of the incident then send them to us at [email protected] or Tweet us @SotonTab.