BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS: The Tab Hits The Terrible Twos!

Happy birthday to us! On this day two years ago the first EVER Soton Tab article was published. From those humble beginnings The Tab has grown to be one of […]

Happy birthday to us! On this day two years ago the first EVER Soton Tab article was published. From those humble beginnings The Tab has grown to be one of the most popular and widely read student news sites in the country!

A little history lesson for you now. The Tab was set up back in 2010 by a group of students who had grown tired of what the Wessex Scene were producing and thought that Southampton was missing that little something. The Soton Tab launched in October 2010 to “provide uncensored and light-hearted news and opinion”.

We are one of the few completely independent tabloid student news sites and that has given us a tremendous amount of freedom to publish what we want. This has landed us with our fair share of controversy and it seems that students love it!

Some of our big milestones include:

• Hitting 500,000 hits back in April. we’re now on track to hit a MILLION by the end of 2012!
  • Our 700+ articles have received over 4,000 comments
  • Some of our work has been seen in the national press, check out the gallery here!
  • We’re a real force in local journalism now. We work closely with SUSU, the University of Southampton and the Emergency Services to make sure our articles are 100% relevant and exciting for our readers.

What next for The Tab? More of the same! We know students love our fast, fun and outrageous brand of journalism and we will continue to provide that for you all.

If you fancy getting involved in any capacity, we’d love to hear from you! Check out our writers group HERE