Athletics Club Run to Leicester and Back

…well not quite! On Tuesday and Wednesday this week, Southampton University Athletics and Cross Country Club ran a 24 Hour Charity Relay around campus. They kept a baton moving as […]

…well not quite! On Tuesday and Wednesday this week, Southampton University Athletics and Cross Country Club ran a 24 Hour Charity Relay around campus.

They kept a baton moving as runners covered a staggering 389.1 kilometers, about the same distance as running from Southampton to Leicester and back again, or all the way to Manchester!

The Club were raising money for Cerebral Palsy Sport. Cerebral Palsy Sport helps people with the condition achieve their potential through sports. They managed to raise a whopping £440 for the organisation

The team managed to get hold of an Olympic Torch and, in exchange for a donation, people were able to have their picture taken with it.

Event organiser John Wright, club President, was very pleased with the turn out of 44 runners and marshals who were dedicated enough to run and help out even in the dead of night.