Southampton Satisfies Students

The University of Southampton has leaped up this years National Student Satisfaction survey results.

The results of the National Student Survey were released today and Southampton’s overall satisfaction position has risen from 55th to 37th. This comes just weeks after it was announced Southampton had risen in the QS World Rankings.

The University managed to improve in all  of the overall assessed areas, and managed to achieve a 100% satisfaction rate in four subject areas; Geology, French, German and Ship Science.

Pro Vice-Chancellor Education, Professor Debra Humphris said:

The University has been working extremely hard with our Students’ Union to engage with and listen to feedback from our students.

Although most subjects saw a rise in the levels of student satisfaction, it seems that some still aren’t quite managing to meet students expectations, with courses such as BSc Economics only achieving an overall satisfaction level of 62%, way below the national average of 85%.

Within the Russell Group, Southampton has ranked 9th out of 24 institutions for student satisfaction, which is a sharp rise from last year where it placed 17th. Unsurprisingly, Southampton Solent failed to even feature in the top 100 universities.

The university can only hope that these results will increase their intake next year following this years abysmal drop in new students.