Cops Investigate Drug-Related Burglary on Shakespeare Ave

Police are investigating an incident on Saturday where a group of hooded men forced their way into a house on Shakespeare Avenue in what is believed to be a drug […]

Police are investigating an incident on Saturday where a group of hooded men forced their way into a house on Shakespeare Avenue in what is believed to be a drug related incident.

Shakespeare Avenue is a popular student road

Hampshire Constabulary’s Operation Fortress team, which specialises in drug-related violence across the city, are looking into what they believe is a targeted break-in on a Portswood street. Between 11am and midday last Saturday, 5 men forced their way into 3 ground floor flats and stole several hundreds of pounds in cash after threatening the occupants.

DC Mark Edis from the Operation Fortress team said:

We believe this was a targeted attack on a specific property and that the incident is linked to the supply of drugs around Southampton.

The men who forced their way into the flats and conducted the burglary, on the popular student road, are described as black, wearing dark clothing including jogging bottoms and jackets with hoods.

Southampton’s thin blue line are keen to hear from anyone who may have information on this incident. As always, call them on 101 with any information.