SCUMMY SOTON: Freshers' Mobiles and Bags Stolen

WARNING TO ALL FRESHERS: Be careful with your valuables on nights out. Several bags and mobile phones were stolen last night from Sobar and Chickoland on the Portswood Strip. Eyewitness […]

WARNING TO ALL FRESHERS: Be careful with your valuables on nights out. Several bags and mobile phones were stolen last night from Sobar and Chickoland on the Portswood Strip.

Eyewitness reports include a description of a late 30’s to early 40 year old black male, noted to have been wearing a dark top and a denim cap. The male was seen in Chickoland at around 3am, just minutes before victims became aware that their phones were missing.

Hampshire Constabulary offered this advice:

We advise all students to keep a watchful eye on their own and their student friends’s property and to report any suspicious circumstances or people to the police.  We would also strongly advise students to register their property on www.immobilise.com and if students do become victims of crime, they should always report it to the police.

If you were out last night and saw anything suspicious in and around the Bevois Valley area (from the Hobbit down to Aldi), we urge you to get in touch with the Hampshire Constabulary by calling 101.