Newcombe Road to Host ANOTHER Street Party

On Sunday the 3rd of June Newcombe Road will host a street party to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. A Facebook group with just under 4000 members at the time […]

On Sunday the 3rd of June Newcombe Road will host a street party to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. A Facebook group with just under 4000 members at the time of writing has been set up to increase publicity of the event.

Organizer of the event Danny Baker had this to say:

The party is a non-profit event designed to get everyone in the area together to have fun. ‘The Southampton movement’ is a collection of like-minded individuals who share a common goal of creating a more socially conscious world.

Fisheye

Last year’s Royal Wedding street party on Newcombe Road attracted 1000s of young people to party hard for Will and Kate. With something along the lines of 6 sound systems pumping various music genres onto the street and a few burger vans thrown into the mix, Southampton partied late into the night.

After being there last year and describing it afterwards as a “once in a lifetime opportunity” to party in the street, I know where I will be on Sunday. Yes it happened last year, yes it was amazing and no it probably won’t happen again unless somebody snaggs Prince Harry…

Want to get involved on Sunday? Check the Facebook event here.

NB: Due to rumors and hearsay THE TAB are unsure if this event will be legal. DO NOT ATTEND if it will be breaking the law.