WILL AND THE PEOPLE: Next Big Thing?

WANT TO BE MORE CHEERFUL? ALL YOU NEED IS AN EARFUL…OF WILL AND THE PEOPLE! Like freaking great music? Going to Beach Break Live? Want to add some fresh, new, […]

WANT TO BE MORE CHEERFUL?

ALL YOU NEED IS AN EARFUL…OF WILL AND THE PEOPLE!

Like freaking great music? Going to Beach Break Live? Want to add some fresh, new, banging tunes to your ipod? Or just need a reason to procrastinate from exams or dissertation stress?

If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, then this review’s for you!.

On Saturday I headed to Club Surya, King’s Cross to catch a sneaky glimpse of a band I’ve had my ear on for a while-Will And The People! And wow! I thought their album was pretty darn impressive but their live music blew me away! It’s not the type of music you just stand there and listen to…it gets into your skin and climbs inside you, simultaneously calming and exciting you. I found myself having to simply close my eyes and rock out one minute…and then float away on their more chilled sounds the next.

They have a brand-new, individual vibe and sound; with reggae, pop, ska and house influences that can appeal to something in everyone. As to what genre, well not only did they create their own songs, but their own quirky genre too.  So if you need rescuing from the boredom and predictability of the mainstream, you’ve come to the right place!

They are due to play in Wales at Beach Break Live so make sure you catch them there,  or at any of their other gigs. At the moment they are enjoying some much deserved Dutch love in Holland, particularly with their song ‘Lion in the Morning Sun’-which is a cracking tune! (And currently Number 3 in their charts).

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8wa8jBdphs&w=560&h=315]

After the gig I had the privilege to have a little chat with some of the band, a lovely bunch of talent-smoking guys with quality voices, who seemed down to earth, vivacious and energetic. Most importantly of all, they seemed to be loving doing what they did best without taking life, or themselves too seriously. They certainly made my weekend a marvellous one…so I thought I’d spread the word, share the love and ultimately makes everyone’s day a whole lot better!

So, in order not to be left behind, download their album on itunes now, which includes epic songs such as ‘Salamander’ and ‘Troubled Pro’. Get ready for their new album, ‘Friends’, go to one of their gigs or check them out at Beach Break. I guarantee by the second listen you will already be hooked… lined and sunk into the awesome natural high that is Will and the People’s music.

They have certainly fulfilled the criteria to join my playlist entitled ‘orgasmically good music’. Enough said!

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRMIGbS-3Vc&w=560&h=315]

Will And The People-An addiction to be proud of.

Hello, my name’s Annie and I’m a WATP-a-holic! And soon you will be too!