SUSU Safety Bus to Run From Portswood

As of tomorrow SUSU will now be running night time safety buses on Mondays and Tuesdays from Portswood, with the service operating until the end of term. On the popular […]

As of tomorrow SUSU will now be running night time safety buses on Mondays and Tuesdays from Portswood, with the service operating until the end of term.

On the popular nights of Jesters’ Monday Madness and Sobar’s So:Crazy, SUSU have decided to run their safety buses to ferry students home. The shuttle service will take University of Southampton students to any accommodation in the city for a fee of only £1.50 per person; an absolute bargain for anyone who doesn’t live in Portswood. Students will need to show their Student ID when boarding the bus.

The safety bus will run between 11pm and 3am outside Aldi in Bevois Valley, a short walk (or crawl) from Sobar and the Palace of Dreams. With the spate of sexual assaults occurring in Portswood this is a good initiative to help students get home safely.

The new shuttle bus will run every Monday and Tuesday night until 12th June (inclusive) except Bank Holidays. Buses may operate during exam periods subject to demand.

For more information check out VP Welfare and Communities Frankie Fry’s blog here.