GRAD BALL HEADLINER REVEALED

So it’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for- the announcement that will probably be the deciding factor as to whether you’re going to purchase a Grad Ball ticket or […]

So it’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for- the announcement that will probably be the deciding factor as to whether you’re going to purchase a Grad Ball ticket or not. The Tab met up with Union President Sam Ling to get the all important details for June 12th….

PIXIE LOTT will be the headlining act. She’ll be playing a full, 40 minute set- not a brief cameo like a certain rapper last year.

HIGH ON HEELS will be the compere. An unfamiliar name, but a group providing 4 hours of DJ-ing, MC-ing and live music.

Persuaded?

A BIG NAME DJ is yet to be announced, but Sam has confirmed that there will definitely be one, as “money is definitely there”.

Radio One DJ CHRIS STARK will be playing all the number 1s from the beginning to end of our time in Southampton.

Comedians CHARLIE BAKER and SHAPPI KHORSANDI, dance act THE CUBAN BROTHERS and CHESNEY HAWKES have already been confirmed.

Worried that you’ll miss an act due to a clash? Signage and order-of-plays will be made available.

The Ball will go on until 4AM, with “survivors” photos for those who last the duration.

4 ROOMS, with one providing a more alternative choice of music, are to be used in Oceana. Sam defended the location choice, saying “You’ll never get a Grad Ball that pleases everyone”, and adding that this venue offers an increased capacity of 3200, with multiple rooms providing a variety of entertainment and more space for a bigger and better funfair. More importantly, the money saved on portable toilets, pop-up bars, seating and decorations used in empty spaces has been put towards a higher standard of acts.

And to avert any over sensitive female fears, the strip club next door has apparently closed down, with the President confirming that

It’s not part of the actual offer, there is no secret strip door

With tickets on sale at 1pm today, has this line-up convinced you to splash out on a ticket?