Southampton's best TAKEAWAYS

We all like to indulge ourselves in a takeaway now and again, whether it is because we are hungover, lazy, can’t cook or have no clean plates in our abodes. […]

We all like to indulge ourselves in a takeaway now and again, whether it is because we are hungover, lazy, can’t cook or have no clean plates in our abodes. I have taken the time to eat A LOT of takeaways and have converted that weight gain into a handy guide of my favourite places you have to try, They are all easily findable on Just-eat and Hungry house… another good takeaway finder is y4f.co.uk (that’s if you want to help the little man)

The Great British Takeaway – British Pub Food

Pub Food Delivered to your door, Steaks, Breakfasts & Roasts:

I have ties to this takeaway so I had a colleague review for me.

The delivery itself was fairly typical, and value-wise it compares pretty much to a decent sized curry; so not hugely cheap but not extortionate. Unlike a curry, the food surpassed expectations by being largely grease-free and, in short, very tasty. The chicken was well cooked but not chewy, the sauce was nice, and the portion was generous enough to satisfy even the hungriest student. In summary then, a worthy contender in the takeaway market and somewhere I am certainly considering eating from again.

Recommendations:

Mixed Grill

Any Roast Dinner

Full English Breakfast

Diego’s – Portuguese Chicken

If you have never had Portuguese Char-grilled Chicken before, I beg of you to try it. This is one of the most popular takeaways in Southampton, but with great delivery times and consistently great food. It’s pretty much Fresh Peri-peri BBQ’d chicken but full of awesome.

Recommendations:

ANY OF THEIR CHICKEN

Hamira – Indian

Sometimes the delivery time is a bit slow but every curry I have had is restaurant quality and great value for money. By far the best delivered Indian I have had. As long as you are OK with heat just select randomly from their specials menu and you won’t be disappointed.

Recommendations:

Chicken Rogan Josh

Lamb Biryani

Old Town – Chinese

There are loads of Chinese takeaways in Southampton, Old town is in the style of an authentic Chinese City kitchen. Fresh meat, no MSG – just great food. They do Sushi and other bits and bobs too. I can highly recommend this takeaway.

Recommendations:

Mixed Meat Rice

So those are my recommendations of places to try, please if you have any others leave a comment, I will happily eat from there too.