UPDATE: Portswood body identified

UPDATE: 18.45 10/4/2012: The body has been identified as Jamie Dack, a 22 year old man from Millbrook Road West. Another arrest has been made in connection with the crime, […]

UPDATE: 18.45 10/4/2012: The body has been identified as Jamie Dack, a 22 year old man from Millbrook Road West.

Another arrest has been made in connection with the crime, this time of a 31 year old man.

The current theory is that the murder may have happened in a house on Bevois Mews before the body was moved to the Empress Road industrial estate. Police are confident that it was not a random attack.

Detective Inspector Simon Baker of the Hampshire Major Investigation Team is calling for the publics assistance:

I would like to hear from anyone who saw him or knew what he was planning to do at anytime between Thursday, April 5 and around 3am on Sunday, April 8 when his body was found.

Anybody who witnessed suspicious activity during this time period on any of the following roads is urged to get in contact with the Operation Waterloo team by phoning 101:

Earls Road
Cedar Road
Clausentum Road
Forster Road
Spear Road
Bevois Valley Road
Kingbury Road
Verulam Road
Thomas Lewis Way
Empress Road
Empress Road Industrial Estate

UPDATE 09.10 9/4/2012: In the last 24 hours there have been a number of developments.

The 40-strong investigation team have made THREE ARRESTS on suspicion of murder, calling in a 20 year old woman and two men, aged 25 and 28. All three are believed to be residents of Southampton.

Detectives are yet to identify the body as the post-mortem is being hampered by it’s condition.

The team are continuing their inquries and searching the area for evidence.

Original Story: In the small hours of Sunday morning Southampton Fire Brigade found a HUMAN BODY in a bin on the Empress Road, the industrial estate behind Aldi and all your favourite dives.

The grisly corpse was spotted just after 3AM when officers were investigating a bin fire, and the police were called immediately. A full investigation (titled Operation Waterloo) is being implemented, and the Thomas Lewis Way has been closed temporarily.

We’ll bring you more news of this horrendous story as it unfolds.