New gym opens in Soton

Fitness freaks break out your protein shakes – a new gym has opened in town. Last Saturday marked the opening of Feelgood Fitness, on Briton Street. Lured down by the […]

Fitness freaks break out your protein shakes – a new gym has opened in town.

Last Saturday marked the opening of Feelgood Fitness, on Briton Street. Lured down by the prospect of a free bar and buffet, some of The Tab team went along to have a nose around.

In our inexperienced yet relentlessly cynical eyes it looks pretty good – a load of brand new machines, some of the heaviest weights in town (no problem for sports pundit Peter ‘Lad’ Shaw) and a hot tub/sauna arrangement for those who are a little more high maintenance.

It’ll also be offering more of a community feel than the ‘roid rage’ vibe of other emporiums, with a bar and café area giving you the chance to socialise and enjoy a health drink when you’re done pumping iron or running treadmill marathons.

Whether you’re a square jawed iron man or someone who can barely walk up Church Lane, Feelgood Fitness looks like a decent place to keep in shape.