Apple's Rotten Core

Since the unveiling of The New iPad earlier this month, and the subsequent recent release, there has been much speculation about the worthiness of Apple’s latest creation. Despite its high […]

Since the unveiling of The New iPad earlier this month, and the subsequent recent release, there has been much speculation about the worthiness of Apple’s latest creation.

Apple's first release since the passing of Steve Jobs sets out for a record high for the California based company

Despite its high resolution display aligned with its A5X enhanced graphics or its ability to connect to the 4G network, all of which are upgrades of its predecessor, ZD Net UK Technology Editor Rupert Goodwins argues “unless you are a big Apple fan it will look like any other iPad”.

It does then beg to question where the justification for paying for the new tablet release comes from; the iPad 2 is not only slimmer (with an 8.8mm profile in comparison to the new 9.4mm) but also cheaper. Going down the student “cheap and cheerful” approach we can see that the basic iPad 2 (with Wifi only) will set you back £329, the equivalent new model however will cost you an extra £70. Again, where is this extra cost coming from?

It all comes down to the deep dark secret hidden in Apple’s core. Despite recent legal proceedings between the technology giants Apple and Samsung, it seems their relationship behind the cameras is somewhat different. The Korean based firm have not only secured a deal to provide the HD screens for the new tablet, but upon peeling back the covers it seems that they also seem to be providing crucial components at the heart of its processor.

Samsung seem to have done well out of the new release, as some London fans queuing in excess of 30 hours for the product, with shares rising massively in Apple’s success; whose shares also briefly topped a whopping $600, making them the most valuable in the world by market value.

Samsung let slip the future release of the iPad Mini

So what of the future for Apple? Well, the iPad 3 seems to be an awful waste of money if you’re a student; when can you honestly say that paying £659 just to be able to connect to 4G is worth it? Well if you are looking for the same HD screens and technology that you can find in a Samsung tablet, but in a fancy Apple casing so you don’t look out of place with the Starbuck clique, then go for it! For everyone else, keep checking the Tesco website for price drops on the iPad 2!