Savvy Student: £50 shopping for £14.95 @ Tesco!

I like to regard myself as a savvy student and as a result I am going to start a series of posts updating students on the best deals and simple […]

I like to regard myself as a savvy student and as a result I am going to start a series of posts updating students on the best deals and simple ways to make your money go further. Today using the instructions below you could bag yourself £50 shopping for just £14.95 and if you don’t need that much shopping why not split the bill with a housemate and get bits you both need?

The principle of a cashback website is simple, you sign up, go to the website you want to shop at via them, and they will effectively pay you to shop. It costs nothing to sign up, it takes pratically no extra effort to implement and earns you extra money, so wheres the catch? Unbelieveably, there isn’t one! The amount does vary from shop to shop but I recentlymanaged to get £90 back on a phone contract alone!

A little research in this area will lead you to find that there are infact a large number of cashback websites all offering new and exciting deals. Through my experience however I must recommend you go with TopCashBack for the simplicity of their website and the fact that they are most certainly a leader in the cashback scene.

Throughout the series of articles I shall be writing on saving money, having a cashback account will be vital and you will be able to earn lots of money from the items you already purchase such as online grocery shopping!

This week’s deals look at Tesco. The savings vary depending on if you’ve done your online shopping their before but you can save a bundle! All of these offers use eCoupons which you enter once you have done your shopping when you’re about to pay.

If its your first shop with Tesco uses these codes:
£10 off first shop (Min spend £50) (XXAFFT or XXMEDIA)
1000 Clubcard points for your troubles (Worth £10 on grocery shopping or up to £30 in restaurant vouchers) (XXGLDR)
Also go through TopCashBack  and earn yourself £5.05 back but ensure you go through their link to register as well as doing your shopping else you won’t get the cashback!

If you’ve been there before use this code:
£5 off a £40 shop (GRN4H7)

You can then save money on all of the following items but be quick all of these codes expire on 11th March 2012:
£1 off when you spend £5 on Frozen food use code GRJJTH
£1 off when you spend £4 on cheese use code GRPP7H
£1 off simply cook chicken meal use code GRSCBG
£1 off when you spend £3 on any yoghurts use code GRRFNN
£1 off when you spend £3 on any tesco pre cooked meat code GRFCPM
£1 off when you spend £5 on ready meals use code GRTDMJ
£1 off when you spend £3 of apples or pears use code GRTTKH
£1 off when you buy a six pack of K energy Drink use code GRFDWS
£1 off when you spend £3 of fresh brocoli,cabbage,,caulifloer or sprouts use code GRRKTP
£1 off when buy buy 2 Big and fresh caged eggs use code GRRTJK

So assuming your a first time shopper at Tesco and you take advantage of all of the deals and codes and clubcard points and cashback your £50 shopping will cost less than £15!! Also, if you have done your shopping at Tesco before why not get a friend who hasn’t to order for you so you can still take advantage of the deals?
If you’ve got any questions or comments scroll down a bit further, if not happy shopping and happy saving!