Spring Trend Alert: Floral

In our first fashion column Siri Ofstad picks some floral outfits for you to blow your loan on.

Ahhh floral, so pretty, feminine and romantic. In the past few years floral has always been one of the key spring and summer trends, but this year it seems like it’s on steroids. The weather has been gorgeous lately, and floral instantly gives you that easy breezy spring look and feel, which is much needed after the drab Southampton winter months. The floral prints are now larger, bolder, and more vibrant. It’s perfectly acceptable, and fashion-forward to sport a fab floral print from head to toe.
Are you daring enough to wear a floral pantsuit?

If you’re not too keen on the full-on head to toe look, you can easily incorporate a floral statement piece into your wardrobe. To stay on the safe side make sure you wear it with solid colours (unless you’re a pro at the art of mixing patterns). Wearing a solid coloured blazer over a floral top, skirt or jeans creates a nicely balanced outfit. Or the opposite; a fierce floral blazer paired with solid coloured jeans.
Also, blazers instantly make you look more polished and put-together. If you want to wear two trends in one go, pair your floral piece with a pastel. I’ll be talking about this trend in my next article.

All of the above items are from Topshop, but you’ll find similar items in all highstreet shops, I personally love Zara’s spring/summer collection which is currently in stores.