POLICE HUNT MAN IN CONNECTION WITH 3 ASSAULTS IN LAST 24 HOURS.

Further confirmation that Soton is a shithole. Take care out there everyone.

Southampton Police are currently searching for a man they believe could be responsible for three indecent assaults on lone women in the city centre, within the last 24 hours.

The first incident is reported to have happened at 10pm on Tuesday, when a 20-year-old-woman spotted an Asian man, of unknown age, approaching her on Portswood Road. The man then asked her directions to the university, less than a mile away, before proceeding to put his arm around her waist.

The women pushed him off and continued her walk home, onto Grosvenor Road, but the man continued to pursue her before pushing her against a wall and indecently assaulting her.

A second incident took place less than four hours later, between 1.30am and 2am, just over half a mile away from the first.

A 19-year-old woman was walking along Bannister Road when a man pulled her into a secluded part of a car park by a block of flats called The Lodge, before indecently assaulting her.

According to the victim, the man had an item, what she believed to be a knife, held against her during the assault.

The third and final incident took place on Havelock Road, a short walk from the Civic Centre, between 6.30am and 7am. Here, a 25-year-old woman was walking alone when approached by a man by the main entrance to the Matalan store, who grabbed her and indecently assaulted her.

Detective Inspector Dave Morgan said, “I am keeping an open mind as to whether these offences have been committed by the same offender or not, and whether they are linked to any previous offences of this type.”

Let this be a warning to all to never walk home alone after a night out, regardless of how long or short your trip would be, and if you have to walk anywhere, make sure to stick with a friend, preferably a guy.

Frankie Fry, our current VP Welfare & Communities, set up a ‘Always Get Home Safe’ initiative in partnership with Radio Taxis back in January to make sure that students could get home safe and sound if they had lost their wallets or money.

1. Phone Radio Taxis on 023 8066 6666 and state that you’re using this scheme.

2. Wait for your text message telling you that you’re taxi’s arrived and double check the registration plate in your text matches the one on the taxi.

3. When you get home, sign the driver’s receipt and hand over your Student ID.

4. Wait 24 hours, come to SUSU Reception (The Union, Building 42) collect your card and pay the taxi fare.

*A £2 transaction fee will be charged to cover the driver’s petrol costs and time*

Be safe and stay safe.