Practical Biology – Southampton Style

Amongst the Medic community in Southampton today there have been only two things on everyone’s lips: THAT email and THOSE second years. All students studying medicine received a “friendly warning” […]

Amongst the Medic community in Southampton today there have been only two things on everyone’s lips: THAT email and THOSE second years. All students studying medicine received a “friendly warning” from their Director of Education, Dr Chris Stephens, today. According to him:

A couple of second year students (male and a female)   were getting a bit frisky on the sofa’s outside the lecture theatre at SGH [Southampton General Hospital] last week.

OK, so far, so interesting. He goes on to warn the medics over their behaviour around the hospital, and urges them to maintain professionalism at all times; finishing with

If you want to perform oral sex on each other I am sure you could find a more comfortable place that is out of public view and off NHS property!

Wow. Just wow. Blow jobs outside a lecture theatre? Shocking. What’s even worse is the whole area is apparently covered with CCTV and very public. At the moment, the two offending medics remain anonymous and probably wish to remain so! Obviously rumours are rife among the medics, it remains to be seen if the Faculty of Medicine will take further action.

The full email can be found here