A very long weekend of X Factor

So another weekend of X Factor has been and gone. After a severely drawn-out total of three hours 15 minutes (an hour of which was probably taken up by advertising), […]

So another weekend of X Factor has been and gone. After a severely drawn-out total of three hours 15 minutes (an hour of which was probably taken up by advertising), on Sunday night we were eventually given the final 16… And wasn’t it predictable?

Louis Walsh taking things seriously

Louis Walsh has once again put himself forward as the most idiotic man in the talent-finding industry. As if it wasn’t awkward enough that Simon Cowell clearly had to find him a guest judge and deliver her in the form of Sinitta, Louis still managed to outdo his previous incompetency. Although we all, at one point or another, enjoyed a bit of Jedward, has anyone ever enjoyed Goldie? Thankfully the horrible prospect of having to watch her struggle through a whole song was short-lived, as soon after it was revealed that Goldie pulled out of the competition due to alleged homesickness.

Unfortunately there is still the problem of Kitty Brucknell. Granted she can sing, but she might possibly be one of the most unbearable people on the planet (we were definitely all wishing she wouldn’t re-emerge after plunging into the pool).

Over in the groups category there was further controversy with Tulisa deciding at the last minute that she wanted to form yet another new group. The Keys and The Risk were torn apart and there was little to be learned about the value of friendship as they all seemed remarkably blasé about the detachment from former band members.

The boys and the girls groups were much easier to absorb, although there were still a couple of shock exits. Kelly Rowland opted not to take Jade Richards as the audience saw Janet Devlin take the last place.

Janet herself raised a few doubts on Saturday nights show. The singer, who has already been compared to Diana Vickers due to the same quirky voice, took the similarities one step further with the removal of her shoes. Whilst Janet claimed she felt more “grounded”, it seemed Vickers was not as impressed as moments after the clip aired she tweeted “errrrr.. right”.

Finally with the boys we saw Gary Barlow choose Frankie Cocozza over vastly more talented singers… wonder how many girls he’ll have tattooed on his arse by the time it’s all over.