Q Burger to Close

After many years serving the residents of Glen Eyre Halls, the famous Kyu has dished up his last burger from his kitchen in Glen Bar. Over the summer, Mr. Kyu […]

The enigmatic "Q"

After many years serving the residents of Glen Eyre Halls, the famous Kyu has dished up his last burger from his kitchen in Glen Bar.

Over the summer, Mr. Kyu has shut up shop and will not be serving his legendary burgers to the newest intake of Glen Eyre freshers.

Q Burger, as the little serving hatch has come to be known as, has built up quite a following among past residents of Glen Eyre halls. On Facebook, the Q-Burgers fan page has over 900 likes.

SUSU President Sam Ling:

I have recently been made aware that Q Burger is due to close. I’ve been informed that this has come about through a mutual agreement between Q Burger and the University.

SUSU feels that there is still a high demand for a food outlet in halls of residence, especially after the closure of Chamberlain halls, and so we will be providing a pizza takeaway service via our halls bar for those students that will be affected by the closure.”

The Tab has heard rumours that Q has moved to a late night takeaway in Bedford Place with fellow chef Ali Burger, formerly of Wessex Lane Halls.

Share your stories of Q Burger in the comment section!