The Finale: Southampton University raises tuition fees to £9,000

Southampton University will charge £9,000 per year on tuition fees for future students coming to Southampton Uni.

The Wessex Scene reported earlier today that Southampton University is planning on charging £9,000 per year on tuition fees for future students coming to Southampton Uni.

This decision will not affect current students, and it will come into force for new students starting in September 2012.

This new decision will mean that the average student  on a three year course will mount up around £27,000 in tuition fee debt, on top of an expected £10,500 maintenance loan debt.

There were numerous violent protests in 2010 against the rise in tuition fees, which climaxed on the 8th December when students attacked the Royal Family and broke in the Government treasury in the hope of “stealing their money back”.

Nick Clegg signed a petition to vote against tuition fee rises. He lied.

SUSU sent several coaches of students to the first of the many violent protests in order to protest peacefully about the issue. According to Billy Fitzjohn, no Southampton Uni students were involved in the violence. Apart from Ed Woolard, who threw a fire extinguisher off a roof and could have killed someone, but he was just a college student.

Thankfully, he’s going to be behind bars for a while.

There was a huge outrage from Southampton students, most of whom voted for the Lib Dems (now more commonly known as ‘Lie Dems’) under the illusion that they could be trusted. Before the General Election Nick Clegg used a promotional video entitled, “Say goodbye to broken promises”. You can see the video here – it’s a rather amusing watch.

All the violence of the student protests began when the London Police foolishly assumed that the NUS-organised protest “DEMOLITION” would be a peaceful one. Students had other ideas however, breaking into the Tory HQ at Millbank Tower. You can see the footage of the break-in below:

Many left-wing students have vowed to continue protesting, but there haven’t been any more protests organised as yet.

What do you think about the tuition fee rise in Southampton? Let us know in the comments below.