Andrew Lansley…Tory Tosser?

From Grandmaster Flash to Public Enemy, rap music has long been a tool for expressing anger and discontent with the system. And with the current ConDem government employing a friendly […]

From Grandmaster Flash to Public Enemy, rap music has long been a tool for expressing anger and discontent with the system. And with the current ConDem government employing a friendly slash n’ burn approach to their policy, its hardly surprising that some people are pretty bloody angry.
Shaven headed lyrical hitman ‘MC NxtGen’ is particularly pissed off with one Andrew Lansley and his proposals for selling off bits of the NHS. With lots of Eminem-esque hand waving, head phone wearing and cameo appearances from Cabinet members, this has all the ingredients necessary to become one of Great Songs Of Our Time. Well, its better than N-Dubz anyway.
I’m hoping this will be the start of a hip-hop beef comparable to the infamous Jay-Z vs. Nas playground spat. Mr Lansley looks like he can spit witticisms with the best of ’em, and if he got hold of a beat from Dizzee even the diehard socialists might warm to his ideas.