‘Get Involved’ with SUSU…or be viciously MAULED to death by Dogs.

Absolutely every student will have at some point come across the phrase ‘Get Involved’ with regard to Southampton University Students’ Union. SUSU prides itself on being all about student engagement, […]

Absolutely every student will have at some point come across the phrase ‘Get Involved’ with regard to Southampton University Students’ Union. SUSU prides itself on being all about student engagement, run ‘by the students, for the students’. However, there is, as with all such things, a fatal catch.

Take a casual stroll around the concourse, and behind the Cube you will notice the following sign:

Perhaps it’s just a group of loveable poodles….? Or perhaps not…

‘Caution, dogs may be patrolling’. Now, far be it for me to criticise SUSU’s ruling powers, but doesn’t this seem just a little hypocritical? Obviously, security is a paramount concern around campus. After all, SUSU cares deeply about our well-being, or so they’d have us believe. But aren’t the barely-ever-there security bus and the occasional old men roaming around in their University of Southampton stamped golf-buggies and luminous gilets enough? Evidently not.

As people ignoring ‘keep off the grass signs’ and eating on Floor 5 of the Hartley Library become ever more prominent, it seems more drastic measures must now be taken in order to combat so-called student ‘crime’.

Measures, that is, in the form of a troop of savage, deliberately underfed Rottweilers (or so I imagine), no doubt with freshly-sharpened teeth and spiked collars, eager to lacerate such blatant student rule-breakers.

Then again, it could all just be a groundbreaking and innovative ploy thought up by the newly-elected Sabbs for encouraging more regular attendance at ‘I <3 College’ and ‘Twisted’. If so, I’m in.