Waitrose 'Singing Lady' Defies Employers

Local cult hero Pat Biggs has ignored her employers and decided yes, she will sing. Just last month Pat was told by her superiors that she must tone down the […]

Local cult hero Pat Biggs has ignored her employers and decided yes, she will sing.

Just last month Pat was told by her superiors that she must tone down the crooning and act in a more appropriate manner. One of her fun-sponge colleagues had apparently had enough of the chirpy trolley lady’s upbeat tunes and so formally requested that she be silenced. Pat was less than happy and told me, “When I find out who’s done this, I’m going to give them a piece of my mind!”

Defiant Pat just won't stop singing

But you can’t keep a great woman down. In the past 2 weeks, the volume has crept back up and shoppers can hear such classics as ‘A Hard Day’s Night’, ‘I Gotta Feeling’ and ‘Don’t Cha’ being belted out by Pat in her unique style.

Everyone who visits Waitrose in Portswood knows Pat either by name or at least by her songs and confusion had arisen among shoppers with regard to the recent quietness down the aisles. After numerous demands that the show must go on Pat has replied with renewed vigour.

She says that she’s “giving the customers what they want” and then went on to state that she doesn’t “care what the bosses say, I can do what I want and it makes the customers happy.”

“Isn’t that what we’re supposed to do she?” she asked before strolling back off to the car park singing ‘Sex on the Beach’ at the top of her voice.

Long may Pat fight the power and inspire us to fight those who oppress happiness.

To join the Pat Biggs appreciation society, click here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37803818133