DISTRACTING and MIND BLOWING websites Volume One

Sometimes we at The Tab think that doing work for our degrees is the real tragedy. Why spend hours reading stuff that will be instantly forgotten when guaranteed hilarity and […]

Sometimes we at The Tab think that doing work for our degrees is the real tragedy. Why spend hours reading stuff that will be instantly forgotten when guaranteed hilarity and randomness is a mere click away? With this philosophy in mind, here is a quick roundup of some of the sites we’ve been particularly enjoying recently:

1)      Instantly feel insignificant with the scale of the universe page. Oh, so you’re hungover and your love life’s a mess? BUT LOOK: relative to the size of a Helix Nebula (whatever that is), you’re smaller and more pathetically irrelevant than a proton, so get over yourself. This made my head hurt. LINK

2)      There are so many talented street artists in this world the kind people at crapgraffiti.com thought that dedicating a whole site to these budding counter cultural subversives would be the least they could do. The anger, passion and wit expressed here is simply extraordinary. MODERN DAY MONET?

3)      Forget your fancy acid-trip ‘Robot Unicorn Attacks’ websites, in terms of simple, addictive games this is the godfather. Copter allows you to navigate an intrepid helicopter through a dystopian world made up of what I always assumed was green lined paper, a constant nagging reminder that perhaps you should be working. The meaning of Copter is open to interpretation, but one thing is clear: if you aren’t consistently scoring over 1000, you aren’t playing enough.CRASH AND BURN

4)      Sounding like a washed out elderly Radio 1 hip-hop DJ has always been an ambition of mine, and with this delightfully obnoxious little feature you can annoy everybody in your vicinity by pretending that you’re the Big Dog himself. What a fascinating character Westwood is- an even finer example of method acting than Joaquin Phoenix in recent troll movie I’m Still Here. WE’RE GOING IN HARD!!!!!