‘Shopping Penguin’…what’s not to love? Let’s hear it for PARRY GRIPP.

Everyone loves a funny animal video, right? Whether captured in their natural environments, dubbed, or simply pets behaving badly, sooner or later, you will come across one of these gems […]

Everyone loves a funny animal video, right? Whether captured in their natural environments, dubbed, or simply pets behaving badly, sooner or later, you will come across one of these gems during a casual YouTube I’m-doing-anything-other-than-my-degree browse.

Parry Gripp is the epitomy of animal-related hilarity and for this reason certainly merits an article within the ST’s Degree Break section. Spreading the love, so to speak.

Spreading the procrastination more like. With such priceless and hysterical characters as Paul the Octopus, Boogie Boogie Hedgehog and Spaghetti Cat (I weep for you), along with numerous others, I guarantee you will never be stuck for distractions again.

But who actually is Parry Gripp? According to the students’ Bible, aka Wikipedia, he is ‘a singer-songwriter’ ‘best known for fake jingles….and music videos for his own novelty songs’ as well as being ‘lead vocalist and guitarist for the [American] punk pop band Nerf Herder’.

Take a look. You know you want to.