"Text a toastie? Mmmm…. toasties…"

When you talk to the majority of students as to their view or experience with Southampton’s Christian Union they are generally remembered as those guys who helped you move in […]

When you talk to the majority of students as to their view or experience with Southampton’s Christian Union they are generally remembered as those guys who helped you move in on your first day at halls or somewhere along the lines have provided you with some form of (occasionally questionable) savoury or sweet snack. What you may not know is that they are in fact the Universities largest Society with over 500 members and this week they are running their ‘Events Week’.

SUCU’s ‘Events Week’ is aimed at creating an accessible environment for those whom are inquisitive about the Christian Faith or fancy a bit of free food. Students are invited to attend a variety of events such as talks based around ‘how can I believe when…’, an evening where you can ‘Grill a Christian’ (not in the literal sense) and more social events, such on Thursday evening watching ‘Donnie Darko’ for free in the Union cinema.

At the end of the week however those still with burning theological questions should not forget that as well as meeting every week on a Friday, SUCU also provide something that we at the Soton Tab are extremely grateful for, ‘Text a Toastie’.

Every Wednesday SUCU invites us to text a question about God/life and in return they will come and deliver a free toastie and an answer to that deep theological question, which you and your mates probably spent some time coming up with to see whether or not you could stump them.

So whether you have the munchies, need something to line the stomach, have a genuine question or are just plain old hungry, don’t forget about SUCU and this great and practically free offer. It should be said that they only deliver within Southampton, not to Leeds as has been requested before.

Text a Toastie every Wednesday from 8pm-Midnight – 07754355421