Could YOU be an editor with the Soton Tab?

We’re setting up editor positions for each section. If you enjoy writing and fancy getting more involved in editing stories, while having a fantastic time and heavily boosting the CV, this is for you.

3 months ago, we launched the Soton Tab as the first ever real competitor to the Wessex Scene. A few months on, we have as many readers, even though we have just a fraction of the number of writers.

After exams, we’re planning on moving things up a notch, and adding a little more structure to things:

We’re opening up the following editor positions:

News editor (x2) – General news of things going on in Southampton – anything to do with SUSU, the University, local clubs, housing etc.

Sports editor (x2) – News on some of the main national news stories, as well as some of the important Sport events going on in Southampton.

Opinion editor (x2) – Opinions and in-depth articles, generally related to what is being published in the news section.

TV & Showbiz editor (x2) – TV news and celebrity gossip.

Nightlife (x1) – Crazy stories and happenings from nights out. With pictures/videos if possible.

Bizarre (x1) – Weird and wonderful things happening in Southampton.

[NEW – name TBC] Degree Break (x2) – We all need a break once in a while, and this new section will be all about showcasing some of the funniest, most interesting, and wonderful things on the web. If you’re a Youtube/blog crawler and heavy procrastinator, this position is for you.

As an editor, you’ll be working with a team of writers in your section, asking them to write articles on topics and editing them (where necessary). You’ll be the one hitting ‘publish’ when the article is ready.

Interested? Quickly fill in the form below and we’ll start getting in touch with everyone after exams!

Deadline: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED