Students FURIOUS Over “MORONIC” Union Arms Policy

There has been outrage amongst SUSU Council members over the idiotic union policy to oppose all dealings with weapons manufacturers.

There has been outrage amongst SUSU Council members over the idiotic union policy to oppose all dealings with weapons manufacturers. It is felt that the poorly written policy serves no purpose and is not representative of student wishes.

It is expected that civil engineering president will propose a motion to have the ill-conceived policies removed at the next Union Council meeting. He was however unavailable to comment on the matter.

Socialist students disrupting career opportunities for science and engineering students.

ECS president, Luke O’Brien, has already pledged his support to the motion commenting “arms manufacturers provide excellent sponsorship and employment opportunities to students involved in any branch of engineering, so banning them from Southampton would not be in the interests of any engineering student.”

The Union policy has been justified in part due to the argument that tax payers unfairly subsidise the industry to the tune of £750m per year. The argument however manages to overlook that the UK government receives far more in tax revenue than it pays in subsidies from the industry.

The policy has received recent support from the usual self-righteous groups of socialists. The socialist society even went as far as picketing a recent careers fair with arms manufacturers in attendance, fortunately for the student body they were barred from entering the event by police.