Some of us just have no luck!!!

12 Welsh stunners clad in extremely short fairy outfits, cider in hand, walking through our front door.

As many of you will know from reading the sports section in the past few days, a hockey tournament took place over the weekend in which students from a range of universities competed. One of our hockey-playing housemates offered to put up a group of 10 of these players on Saturday night.

After seeing 20 strapping, Welsh hockey playing lads turn up outside our house at around 8 o’clock we feared for the worst. Luckily they walked into the flat underneath ours, and behind them followed 12 Welsh stunners clad in extremely short fairy outfits, cider in hand, walking through our front door. Seeing this, X-factor was quickly switched off and pyjamas were hurriedly swapped for slim-jeans and tight-fitting shirts in anticipation of a great night.

The girls, fresh from a 4 hour coach journey made it explicitly clear they were up for a heavy night and we were more than happy to provide it.

All was going well as the banter was flying across the room and drinks were flowing. The group then headed down to Jesters with a spring in their step, and the sound of high pitched screaming. There were hopes of a ‘fulfilling’ night in store.

However, the girls previously energetic behaviour soon waned as the coach journey took its toll and one after one they were seen slumped in different corners of the club. By half-twelve most of the girls were demanding, in slurring tones to be taken home and put to bed.

In their drunken state a few of our more ‘keen’ housemates thought this may have been a great opportunity to finish the night in style. This plan soon evaporated as the girls were soon tucked up in their sleeping bags with no intention of ‘socialising’. Fairy outfits were swapped for baggy t-shirts and tracksuit bottoms as the girls fell asleep within minutes.

Rumours about Welsh girls can be ever so deceiving!