Everything you need to know about the new Harley refurb

The OG Harley is returning…

The Harley venue located on Glossop Road Sheffield, has been refurbished and is returning to it’s original late night music hub that student’s once loved.

Shortly after the new owners Mitchells and Butlers took over the venue in 2019, the coronavirus pandemic hit, having a dramatic effect on the hospitality industry in Sheffield.

But, as Sheffield’s night life reopened in July, The Harley has returned as a late night venue hosting daily club nights and showing all the popular sporting events.

General manager, Beth told The Sheffield Tab: “We’re aiming to change The Harley venue back into what it was before. We want something happening at the venue every night of the week.”

Over the next seven days, there will be events taking place most evening’s to celebrate Sheffield Freshers’ Week 2021. On Wednesday 22nd September, ‘Cloud Nine’, a soul disco event will take place, bringing an electric night of soul, funk, disco, boogie and Motown to The Harley.

At the weekend, a Drum and Bass club night will take place.

Beth continued to tell The Sheff Tab that the venue hopes to hold open mic and open deck nights in the future as well as movie nights on a Sunday evening.

Student discount is not available at the venue, but drink prices are very reasonable. Pints at The Harley start from £2 and Vodka mixers start at £1.75.

Over the year’s, The Harley have showcased many famous indie pop bands, including The Arctic Monkey’s, Alt-J and Royal Blood.

As a late night hub, the venue stays open until midnight Sunday to Thursday and 4am on Friday and Saturday’s.

For more information on upcoming events at The Harley, visit theharley.com