A comprehensive guide to Sheffield Freshers’ Week events 2021

Whether you’re studying at Hallam or Uni of – we’ve got you covered

The wait is almost over – Sheffield Freshers’ Week 2021 is almost here. Kicking off on Saturday 18thSeptember, both Hallam and Uni of invite you to explore the city’s best music and club nights.

Here is your guide to all the official and unofficial Sheffield freshers’ events happening next week:

Saturday 18th September:

Uni of Sheff SU: Pop Tarts Part 1

Pop Tarts is the weekly Saturday club night held at the Student’s Union – it is not one to miss. With two rooms playing club classic all night and DJ’s taking song requests, what’s not to love?

Tickets are £5.50 (£6 on the door) and can be purchased here.

The Leadmill: Sonic Saturday Party

Home of Indie Pop, The Leadmill opens Freshers’ week with one of its very own Sonic Saturday club nights – and its free entry. Celebrate the start of fresher’s week with cheap drinks, face paint and lots of Indie tunes.

Tickets are FREE.

Sunday 19th September:

Uni of Sheff SU: Freshers’ Festival

It’s the biggest event in the whole official fresher’s week line up. Running for 12 hours, expect Roller disco, giant ball pits, karaoke, live music and DJ sets. Did we mention free Dominoes Pizza too?

Tickets are £10 and can be purchased here.

Freshers’ Street Rave

This Sheffield party on Carver street is one many student’s look forward too. Taking place across four Sheffield venues, there’s music for everyone to enjoy.

Final release tickets can be bought here.

Monday 20th September

Uni of Sheff SU: Beach Party

Grab your Hawaiian shirt and funky sunglasses for an all night beach party. With inflatables, cocktail buckets and glow sticks, jet off to Ibiza for the night at Sheffield SU.

Tickets can be found here.

Sunken: Tank Monday Opening Party

Tank Monday’s are back. Bringing you the very best house, tech, club classics and dance anthems until 4:30am.

This is a sold out event, the only way in is with a season pass.

Tuesday 21st September

Uni of Sheff SU: The Tuesday Club Freshers’ Carnival

This event is running across the two SU club rooms as well as out side in the bar and garden area – not one to miss.

Tickets available here.

Viper Rooms:Tribeca Club x Party x People, Freshers’ Showcase

Tribeca Tuesday is the third event on the Organised Chaos Freshers’ Week 2021 lineup. Put your best dress on and head to Viper Rooms on Carver Street for a glamorous night out.

More information and tickets can be found here.

Wednesday 22nd September 

HallamNation: Crystal

Sheffield Hallam’s official weekly sports night is back. With three floors of music and the most imaginative fancy dress costumes, Nation is the only place a Hallam student should be found on a Wednesday.

For tickets, click here.

Uni of Sheff SU: Roar

Roar is the staple night for any Uni of student. Whether you’re going with a sports society or just your flat mates, this animal party encourages fancy dress and delivers your favourite club songs all night long.

For more information and tickets, click here.

Thursday 23rd September

Uni of Sheff SU: Soul Jam

Are you ready to step onto the Soul Jam love train? Of course you are. Leave your worries at home, grab your dancing shoes and head to the SU dance floor for a night of disco classics.

Tickets are available here.

Code: LOOSE – Freshers’ Launch Party

Organised Chaos and Code bring you a new weekly club night – Loose Thursday’s. Cheap drinks, confetti cannons and crazy decorations. I know where I’ll be heading.

Tickets available here.

Friday 24th September

Uni of Sheff SU: Ice Breaker

The Ice Breaker Fresher’s tour is a sell out event and has been every year since 2009. Throughout the night, competitions and challenges will run helping you to ‘break the ice’ and settle into the university lifestyle. On arrival, each ticket holder will receive an Icebreaker wristband which will list social challenges to complete on the night to win prizes.

The last remaining tickets are available here.

Crystal: Socialite Fridays, Freshers’ Showcase

Socialite kicks off the weekend in the best way – a party at Crystal. Enjoy a glamorous night out with DJ’s and club music.

Tickets available here.

Saturday 25th September

Uni of Sheff SU: Pop Tarts Part 2

If one Fresher’s Pop Tarts wasn’t enough for you, Sheffield SU are having another celebration to round off the end of Freshers’ Week 2021.