Supergrass to replace Richard Ashcroft as Tramlines 2021 festival headliner
Richard Ashcroft pulled out last week due to the event being part of the government’s Events Research Programme
English rock-band Supergrass are set to replace Richard Ashcroft as headliner at Tramlines festival this year.
Organisers of the festival have confirmed that the band will take over the Sunday night headline slot after Richard Ashcroft pulled out last week due to the event being part of the government’s Events Research Programme (ERP).
In a post on Instagram, Ashcroft wrote: “Apologies to my fans for any disappointment but the festival was informed over 10 days ago that I wouldn’t be playing it once it had become part of a government testing programme.
“I had informed my agent months ago I wouldn’t be playing concerts with restrictions. The status of the festival was one thing when I signed up for it, but sadly was forced to become something else.”
As well as announcing that Supergrass will become the Sunday headliners, Tramlines are also releasing a final batch of weekend and day tickets which will be available from 12pm Friday. In a statement they said: “These will absolutely fly and will only be available for those signed up to our waiting list.”
Tramlines is set to run at Hillsborough Park from July 23rd-25th and in order to gain entry you require a negative Covid-19 lateral flow test or to have had two vaccination doses at least a fortnight in advance of the festival.
The festival has said that those who purchased Tramlines tickets exclusively to see Richard Ashcroft will be able to request a refund by emailing customerservices.gigantic.com by noon on Thursday.
The full Tramlines lineup can be found on their website.
Featured image credit: GILES-SMITH/ FANATIC and TRAMLINES 2019