The Leadmill and Corporation are asking for donations to help them stay afloat in the pandemic

Let’s support our local venues!

The much-loved clubs of Leadmill and Corporation in Sheffield have joined a nationwide campaign to prevent the closure of hundreds of music venues during the lockdown.

Both venues are currently fundraising online under the #SaveOurVenues campaign, launched by Music Venue Trust last month.

Impacted by the dramatic stop of revenue from tickets and bar sales, the funds aim to cover essential running costs, staff, freelance DJs, and rent.

The Leadmill said: “If these forced closures continue into the rest of the year we could also be looking at some pretty high debts and inevitable staff redundancies. We want to try and avoid this as much as possible.

“If we hit our target, it will be a massive help to protect other venues just like ours, right across the country.”

In support of The Leadmill, Sheffield band Little Man Tate is hosting a Zoom Conference pub quiz on the Leadmill Facebook page this Saturday.

As well as donations, Corporation Sheffield is also asking people to buy merch and future ticket sales on their website.

They said: “These venues are the lifeblood of the local music scenes, catering for every flavour of music. This has only been possible because of the passionate and vibrant people of Sheffield and their love and support for all music.”

So far, The Leadmill has raised over £20,000 of their £30,000 target, and Corp has raised over £800 of a £15,000 target.

To donate to the Leadmill visit here and to Corporation Sheffield visit here.