In pictures: Hallam students rock the catwalk in aid of breast cancer charity

The glam Sheffield event was a sellout

Over £500 has been raised by Sheffield Hallam students for breast cancer awareness.

SHSU Fashion Society students and the Hallam Uni Boob Team (UBT) created and delivered a powerful fashion show full of tits and tips to fundraise for Coppafeel breast cancer charity.

Coppafeel is the first breast cancer charity in the UK to create awareness amongst young people about breast cancer.

The Boob Show took place at SOYO bar, Rockingham street. It was a sold-out event.

A photo of the event organisers from both the SHSU Fashion Society and the UBT

The Catwalk on the night

Liv Williams, a volunteer model walking the ‘Hands All Over’ collection

Louise Fowler, Vice President of the SHSU Fashion Society and Rhianne Saunders, a SHSU Fashion society member, were the main event organisers.

Commenting on why she got involved in the charity event, Fowler said: “I have always been someone who believes in giving back to the community. I joined the UBT in September and have loved going out around campus and spreading the boob love and making people aware of the charity.”

Emma Haines, secretary of the UBT at Hallam also helped to organise the event, added: “A fashion show seemed like a big and fun way to spread our very important message! It allowed us all as models to feel comfortable with our own bodies and get to know them; the boob checking number one rule is to ‘know your normal!’”

Both male and female models of all body shapes and ethnicities united on the catwalk to promote the awareness of breast cancer and the importance of checking your breasts and pecs.

There were 14 models altogether, all volunteer students from Hallam.

Aidan Hall, a volunteer model walking the ‘Kris Hallenga’ collection

Betsy Stainsby looking fierce in the ‘Project Pink’ collection

Kaja Szablicka showing off what she feels most comfortable in for the Kris Hallenga collection

Aidan Hall, 21, one of the catwalk models, said:“For a long time I’ve wanted to challenge myself and be part of such an amazing cause. I was really nervous at first, but having the support of the other models and everyone involved gave me the confidence boost to enjoy the experience.”

The fashion show consisted of nine collections, all with slightly different breast related themes.

This included a lingerie line, a Project Pink collaboration and a “Coppefeel’s Angels” collection where models promoted awareness by walking the catwalk semi-nude and covered in glitter.

Inflatable boobs also bounced down the catwalk in honour of the breast cancer charity.

Coppafeel ‘boobs’ bouncing down the catwalk

Jack Broadbent modelling in the ‘Hands all over’ collection

Alex Lawrence strutting her stuff in her very high platforms

Smiles all round as models take to the catwalk for the last collection

Liv Williams, a volunteer model from the SHSU Fashion Society said: “My favourite collection was Project Pink because the looks were all very fashionable but still boob related. I also loved the confidence collection because we all got to wear what we felt our best in and we could all be unique.”

Tickets for the event were sold at £5 and all proceedings from the ticket sales went towards the fundraising total.

The event also held a raffle and boob themed cocktails like the “Itty Bitty Tit-Tini” were sold throughout the night, to raise even more money for the cause.

Liv Williams in the Kris Hallenga collection

Jack Broadbent looking cool and casual in his suit for the Kris Hallenga collection

Models strutting their stuff in the finale

A photo of all 14 models that volunteered to walk the catwalk

Sophie Brammer, UBT president and Boobette for the Coppafeel charity said: “The money raised from the Boob Show will go towards health promotion tools such as the text reminder service and facilitating boob talks. I’m incredibly proud of the money we have raised for Coppafeel.“

Coppafeel charity encourages both females and males to check their breasts and pecs regularly to help notice symptoms sooner rather than later.

They offer a free monthly text reminder to ensure you are regularly checking.

Instagram: @theboobshow | @shsufashion

All photos by Helena Kearsey

For more information on the Coppafeel charity head to their website, and click here to sign up for a free Boob Check text reminder.