Image may contain: Sweater, Sweatshirt, Indoors, Interior Design, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Human, Person

Two men re-arrested over New Year’s Day murder of first-year student in Sheffield

The investigation is ongoing

Two men have been re-arrested on suspicion of murder following the fatal stabbing of an 18-year-old student on New Year’s Day.

Isaiah Edward Usen-Satchell had returned to Sheffield from Leeds Trinity University for the Christmas holidays when he was killed in a senseless attack only hours into January 1.

The first-year business student was taken to hospital after the reported fight between a group of men at 4.20 am but died shortly after.

South Yorkshire Police said a post-mortem examination found he died from a slash wound near his wrist.

Three men were initially arrested on suspicion of murder and were held in custody until their eventual release under investigation.

But two of them, both aged 18, have now been re-arrested and released on bail until early April as detectives continue to probe what happened.

Since the tragedy, his family have received a flood of support from friends, strangers and Leeds Trinity with many taking to social media to express their love and celebrate Isaiah’s life.

Last week Isiaih’s sister Iman posted heartbreaking photos from his funeral. “What a beautiful send off we had for my brother yesterday,” she wrote. “He is finally layed to rest in eternal peace.”

Police ask anyone with information that could assist the investigation to call 101 quoting log number 458 of January 1, or call Crimestoppers anonymously.