Tramlines 2020: Line up for this year’s Sheffield festival has arrived

It’s back

Catfish and the Bottlemen are topping the bill at Tramlines 2020, as the festival drops its first wave of the lineup.

“F.E.A.R” singer Ian Brown and Madness also feature in the headline slots this year.

The popular Sheffield festival, in its 12th year, will take place between July 31 and August 2.

Kicking off the headliners in Hillsborough Park on the Friday will be former lead-vocalist of the Stone Roses Ian Brown who will inevitably “be adored” by revellers.

Indie-rockers Catfish and the Bottlemen will take to the main stage on Saturday evening, having first made their name on the smaller stages of the festival.

And finally organisers have taken it “one step beyond” this year, with ska band Madness closing the festival on the Sunday.

Image may contain: Concert, Skin, Festival, Audience, Crowd, Person, Human

Hillsborough Park will play host to the 12th edition of Tramlines this summer

There is also a wide array of artists on the undercard including popular indie bands the Kooks (2000s Year 7 throwback), the Fratellis and Sundara Karma (expect to see 100% Lit students moshing), DMA’s and the Pigeon Detectives.

Dizzee Rascal, who sent Tramlines “bonkers” in 2016 is retuning, as well as rising stars and Easy Life who impressed at Leadmill last year.

The 2000s are out in force as Dizzee Rascal features at this year’s Tramlines

Local band The Sherlocks who have history in Sheffield becoming the second unsigned band after the Arctic Monkeys to sell out the iconic venue, the Leadmill, will also be back to entertain the Sheffield crowd.

Sister Sledge, Mercury Prize winners The Big Moon and synth-pop act La Roux as she prepares to release her third album later this year.

Timm Cleasby, operations director for the festival, spoke of his excitement for such “big names for Sheffield’s biggest party. Gettin the F.E.A.R. with Ian Brown on Friday Night, right through to Sunday Madness, It Must Be Love. With some of Yorkshire’s finest bands too, I Hate To Say I Told You So, but it’s going to be Bonkers. See you in the park.”

Tramlines has been increasing in popularity year on year, seeing it move from smaller city venues to the 30,000 capacity Hillsborough venue for its 10th anniversary in 2018.

Its reputation will have only be enhanced after last year’s huge bill, which saw the likes of Two Door Cinema Club, Courteeners, Nile Rodgers and Miles Kane delight the Sheffield crowd.

Weekend tickets are now initially on sale at £99.50 and day tickets can also be bought from £45. Last year was Tramlines’ first ever sell-out so get them while you can.