Image may contain: Sweater, Sweatshirt, Screen, Monitor, Electronics, Display, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Human, Person

Best mate of fresher stabbed to death in Sheffield on New Year’s Day fundraises for funeral

‘He should’ve had a future’

The best friend of a fresher stabbed to death in Sheffield hours into New Year’s Day is campaigning to help combat knife crime in the city.

Isaiah Usen-Satchell, 18, was attacked in an altercation between a group of men in the Norfolk Park area in the early hours of January 1.

The Leeds Trinity Uni business student, home for the holidays, was taken to hospital with slash wounds to his legs and arms but died from his injuries. 

Now his heartbroken best mate Levi Fallon has launched a fundraiser to make his funeral a force for change on Sheffield’s streets.

“Isaiah has impacted a lot of people’s lives and it was a very devastating loss for his friends and family,” he said.

“It would be much appreciated if everyone could come together and donate to create the best send off for this young man.”

He added the campaign will “raise awareness of knife crime in Sheffield and the UK” and “show…it can take from people a son, a twin brother, a student or a best friend who should’ve had a future. RIP ISAIAH”.

Five men from Rotherham, aged between 18 and 27, were arrested over the stabbing and released on bail as the police investigation continues.

Some 127 people have already donated to Mr Fallon’s appeal, which has so far raised almost £2,400.

Donate to the fundraiser here.