Image may contain: Female, Night Life, Drink, Beverage, Club, Appliance, Microwave, Oven, Gown, Evening Dress, Robe, Fashion, Skirt, Apparel, Clothing, Bar Counter, Pub, Human, Person

We asked you for your worst Sheffield Freshers’ Week stories and… WOW

You’re gross

Freshers' Week. You've moved away from home for the first time, you're in a new city with new people trying your best to pass as an adult and not run out of money.

Some students cope by attending all their lectures, budgeting and remembering to call their mum. Sounds fake? That's probably because most students cope in a wildly different way: alcohol, sex and hangovers.

We asked Sheffield students for their worst Freshers' Week stories and honestly it will probably make you feel a lot better about your own life.

The Tigerworks bruise

"I was in tiger works and it had been raining (classic Sheff), so the floors were pretty slippery and I slipped and fell all the way down the metal stairs going to the bathrooms. Made a quick recovery and walked off but for the next 10 days I had a large visible bruise on my arse" – Third year, Mechanical Engineering, Hallam.

(We hope the fall didn't bruise your ego too)

Post-Leadmill dodgy takeaway

"After a night in Leadmill, my friend went back with a guy. They got a takeaway and ate it on the walk back to Eccy road. She must have got food poisoning from the takeaway or had an illness coming on because the morning after, she woke up and literally shat all over his bed and curtains" – First year, Philosophy, Uni of .

We hope your "friend" made a speedy recovery!

'Another guy chucked a girl on us during sex'

"I pulled a lass and went back to hers, a while later one of her flat mates came back who had pulled as well. He accidentally barged into the room we were in and threw the girl he was with onto the bed where we both were. The girl I was with started kicking off big time, having a go and screaming and shouting. I just grabbed my clothes and got out of there as quickly as possible and ran home. Lost my debit card too" – Third year, Engineering, Uni of.

Image may contain: Teeth, Mouth, Lip, Face, Human, Person

Accidental mate-swap

"I brought a guy back to mine after Popworld (I know) and we ended up having sex. Only afterwards whilst we were cuddling and talking did we figure out that he is the best friend of the guy I had been sleeping with a few weeks earlier. I conveniently remembered I 'had a 9am' so he got dressed and left… not awks at all" – First year, Criminology and Sociology, Hallam.

'Next thing I know I'm throwing up blue shit'

"I went to Corp on a night out because I've heard good things about their rainbow coloured pints, after I had pretty much tried them all I decided blue was my favourite so ordered another four of those. Honestly I must have blacked out because the next thing I know I am sat on the pavement throwing up blue shit onto my new white dress. It's stained so I had to throw it away, along with my dignity" – First year, Psychology, Uni of.

Image may contain: Hair, Face, Woman, Shoe, Footwear, Costume, Dress, Female, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

Falling for you in Bierkeller

"Me and my mate decided we wanted to go to Bierkeller and after a few steins I am dancing on the tables quite vigorously next to a guy who I thought was fit. The next minute I'm on the floor after falling backwards and bruising my back on the table. Fit guy deffo saw me and I was mortified. Still shagged him later though" – First year, Childhood Studies, Hallam.

A tale as old as time

"My flatmate hoovered up his sick after a night out with our Henry hoover" – Anonymous.

Is there a freshers flat in this entire country that doesn't have a hoover that stinks of sick?

Piss-gate

"My friend was in Roar last week, she pulled a guy there and took him home with her. They shagged (obvs) and in the morning when they woke up, his side of the bed was wet. He took the sheets off and put them in the wash and left in a hurry and my mate just left for uni. When she came back the flat was stinking of piss because it had permeated into the mattress – the smell was here to stay" – Third year, psychology, Uni of.

'I shat myself in Roar'

We have no more to this story but I honestly think that is all we need to know. Hope you lived it down – Anonymous.

'I made everyone wince'

"On the first night of freshers, my flatmates were going to the shop and as I walked out the door, my ankle just went. One of my flatmates (who I had just met that night) had to give me a piggy back to the shop and back. Each night after that when we went out I'd just drink loads and everyone would wince when they saw me walking and dancing on it"- Second year, English Literature, Uni of.

This is a photo of the injured ankle and if you don't like gory bruises, look away now…

Image may contain: Hand, Wrist, Ankle, Person, Human

No wonder you needed a piggy back…