Image may contain: Transportation, Motorcycle, Vehicle, Chair, Furniture, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

Man jailed for 12 years after wielding machete in Sheffield McDonald’s

He was high on spice

Daouda Sy, 21, has been jailed for 12 years for attacking a man with a machete in a Sheffield city centre McDonalds.

The attack took place on 31 January, where Sy hit the 47-year-old victim on the head with the 18 inch blade after shouting: "You don't believe in God."

The victim was bleeding from the head and ran into a nearby McDonald's where Sy followed him inside and said: "If you don't believe in God… I'll kill you all."

A prosecutor said that Sy was high on spice during the incident.

Sy was jailed at Sheffield Crown Court after admitting to wounding with intent and pleading guilty to the possession of an offensive weapon.

Jonathan Sharp, of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), said: "Daouda Sy was a regular user of the street drug Spice and was well aware of the effect it had on him, having already been prosecuted for brandishing an axe whilst under its influence in March 2018.

"This was an entirely unprovoked and vicious attack, and it is only by great good fortune that the consequences were not more serious still."

Featured image via James Martin and Google Maps.