Image may contain: Party, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Dating, Face, Person, Human

Sheffield SU named best in the country for 11th consecutive year

‘It has so much stuff to do, there is loads of diversity’

The University of Sheffield’s Students' Union has been re-awarded with the Whatuni Student Choice Award, making it the number one Students' Union in the country for the 11th year running.

The awards mark the annual celebration of the best universities and higher education institutions in the UK and are decided by over 43,000 student reviews collected across the year.

Renowned for opportunity and inclusiveness, the Students' Union boasts over 350 different clubs and societies as well as a number of other facilities which make it the centre of the Sheffield student experience.

The Union provides social spaces for students to work and eat, help centres for career advice and banking and even a 400-seat cinema used as a lecture theatre during university hours.

The Students' Union is also home to The Foundry, a venue for live entertainment and club nights, which hosts a variety of student events including The Tuesday Club and award-winning Pop Tarts.

Laura, a Chemical Engineering student at the University, told WhatUni: “It has so much stuff to do. There is loads of diversity.”

Lilian Jones, the President of the Students' Union, told the university: "This award is a testament to the massive collective effort to ensure our students have the best possible time at University, through representing their interests, offering advice and support, and providing amazing facilities.

"We are powered by students, and it is thanks to the ambitious work of them and our dedicated staff that we have secured our place at the top for another year. I am immensely proud."

Sheffield Students’ Union was also ranked top spot in the Times Higher Education survey from 2009 – 2018.