Image may contain: Concert, Electric Guitar, Festival, Music Band, Audience, Accessories, Sunglasses, Accessory, Performer, Guitarist, Leisure Activities, Guitar, Musician, Musical Instrument, Crowd, Person, Human

The Tramlines 2019 line up has arrived and it’s a big one

The Steel City festival is back…

Tramlines is back for its eleventh year running and has attracted some of the biggest names in music for 2019.

Between 19th and 21st July, Hillsborough Park will once again play host to the festival, with huge headliners Two Door Cinema Club, Courteeners, and Chic and Nile Rodgers gracing the main stage.

Rumour has it Rodgers was convinced to play thanks to the appeal of West Street Live, so keep your eyes peeled and you may see him with a choco-milko in hand there.

Courtneeners' headline set of their legendary output will see newly-blonde frontman Liam Fray potentially doing his best Eminem impression. They have sold 50,000 tickets for their Heaton Park show in Manchester this summer, so their slot is definitely a coup for Tramlines.

Image may contain: Text, Brochure, Flyer, Paper, Poster, Advertisement

Looking beyond the headliners, Miles Kane has been announced, along with True Geordie lookalike Rag 'n' Bone Man.

For anyone wanting to party like it's 1990, Shaun Ryder and his maraca-shaking pal Bez will be performing as part of Madchester band Happy Mondays (ask your dad). Do not be alarmed if, mid-set, Ryder starts talking about all the UFOs he's seen over Manchester, just go along with it.

After supporting Noel Gallagher, 00s favourites Doves will be swapping Heaton Park for Hillsborough Park to perform FIFA classics such as Black and White Town. Joining them will be late-90s Welsh outfit, The Manic Street Preachers notable for Motorcycle Emptiness and a Design for Life (again ask your Dad).

Break-out Liverpool quartet Circa Waves will return to Sheffield after their February gig in February to play hits such as T-Shirt Weather, as well as tracks from their new album which will be released on 5th April.

Newbies Clean Cut Kid will debut at Tramlines, along with Glaswegian Lewis Capaldi, to showcase some of their respective recent releases.

Sheffield's favourite musical preacher Jon McClure and his band Reverend and the Makers will be returning to Tramlines after his recent gig at a student house party. The affable self-proclaimed 'big mouth' is not someone you will want to miss.

Emerging talent from Sheffield on the line up includes The Wired, Cora Pearl, and The Seamonsters.

After Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets sold out in record time, very limited Tier 3 weekend tickets for Tramlines 2019 are on sale now and available here.