Image may contain: Building, Tower, Clock Tower, Architecture, Human, Person

Cafe Totem launches new live alternative music event

The night is organised by Fat White Family

Cafe Totem is one of Sheffield's alternative nightlife venues, and is continuing this title with a new event to substantially improve your Thursday nights.

Brought to you by the creators of the popular "All Tomorrow's Parties" event as well as members of alternative band Fat White Family, "Death By Thursday" will host some of the best local bands as well as guest DJs that will keep the party going late into the night.

It debuts on Thursday (10th January) at the Furnival Gate bar, venue and pizzeria, with sets from local peyote punk act Children of the State and support from Naguals and Them Sardines.

Image may contain: Word, Poster, Advertisement, Label, Text

With entry at £3, which includes a free gift, and deals including two beers for a fiver, you can't really go wrong if you want a cheap night with some of the best entertainment Sheffield has to offer.

To accompany those sweet deals, DJs Wiggleroom and Brian from Fat White Family will be spinning the tunes to keep you going until the early morning.

Start your second semester right by getting out and supporting your local music scene – whilst getting a bit pissed in the process.