Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Person, People, Human

Propaganda will move to the main room of Corp on Saturday nights

It marks a change from Dirty Deeds

Propaganda Sheffield will move to a new Saturday night slot at Corp later this month.

For the last few years, Propaganda has taken place at Plug where it has been held on Friday nights.

From Saturday 22 September, however, it will change location and re-brand to 'Propaganda and Dirty Deeds'.

Under this banner, the main room of Corp on Saturdays will feature tunes from acts including Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Pale Waves, and The Killers.

The heavier and metal music played at Corp's current Saturday offering, Dirty Deeds, will now be played in rooms two and three of the club.

The news was announced on the Corp and Propaganda social media pages and has led to a strong reaction.

One current regular described Corp as "down the shitter", and another took it as a sign that "the world's gone mad".

Others were glad that there will still be alternative music on offer in the upstairs rooms.

Image may contain: Text

The official Propaganda Facebook page lists Ed Sheeran as one of the night's most played artists, but Corp have clarified that there will be "no Ed", and music policy will be "indie and pop punk mainly".

Image may contain: Word, Text

While it may not be for everyone, the night is sure to attract those who frequented Propaganda back in the day, back when its Plug nights were a staple of the first year routine, as well as those into their indie music.

Drinks offers on the night will start from £1. More information and advance tickets are available here.

Photo credit: Tom Andrew/Propaganda Facebook page.