Image may contain: Crowd, Person, People, Human

There will be a permanent memorial to Sarah Nulty on Devonshire Green

Sarah died this month aged 36

Tramlines Festival and Sheffield City Council have announced that there will be a permanent tribute to late Festival Director, Sarah Nulty.

A commemorative plaque in memory of Sarah, who passed away earlier this month just weeks before Tramlines, will be embedded into the top of the wall at Devonshire Green, the Festival's original location.

Lord Mayor of Sheffield Magid Magid will also posthumously award Sarah a Civic Award.

The plaque will face down towards the traditional site of the main stage after organisers and City Council representatives decided this is the most fitting place for a memorial to Sarah.

Image may contain: Electric Guitar, Guitarist, Guitar, Performer, Musician, Musical Instrument, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Magid Magid has said:

"This is a very special honour. We use civic awards to recognise Sheffield heroes who do such valuable work in the city.

"Sarah was an incredible person who had a hugely positive impact on
the city. She is the perfect candidate to receive this award."

Timm Cleasby, a founder of the festival and the head of operations said,

"It’s very important that there is a permanent tribute to Sarah in recognition of everything she put into the city.

"She was a massive fan and supporter of Sheffield’s creativity and independence. The positioning of the plaque at Devonshire Green is a poignant and fitting tribute.

"Sarah’s vibrancy and energy made her seem larger than life and it’s brilliant that she will be remembered for years to come. Hopefully her work will serve to inspire others in the future."

Image may contain: Hat, Clothing, Cap, Baseball Cap, Person, People, Human

Up to 30,000 people attended the tenth edition of Tramlines across the weekend, with Hillsborough Park proving ideal for the festival.

Bands including Reverend and the Makers, Bang Bang Romeo and Milburn paid their respects by wearing 'BeMoreNulty' T-shirts.

Sunday headliner Craig David spoke about Sarah during his show and encouraged the audience to sing along with one of his tracks in her honour.

A memorial video and minute's applause also took place on Sunday evening.

The ‘BeMoreNulty’ t-shirts are still on sale via the Drop Dead website, with all profits donated to Weston Park Cancer Charity, Cavendish Cancer Care and Crohn’s & Colitis UK.

#BeMoreNulty