Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Lord Mayor declares Donald Trump is ‘banned from the great city of Sheffield’

It comes ahead of Trump’s visit

Lord Mayor of Sheffield Magid Magid has declared that President Donald Trump is banned from the city.

Writing on social media, Magid has written that Trump, who he calls a "WASTEMAN", is "henceforth banned from the great city of Sheffield".

He has also declared that 13 July, when the president's three-day visit is set to begin, will be Mexico Solidarity Day.

Image may contain: Suitcase, Luggage, Person, People, Human

Photo credit: Chris Saunders

Magid chaired today's council meeting wearing a sombrero and what appears to be a specially made "DONALD TRUMP IS A WASTEMAN" T-shirt.

He has posted on his Twitter account a list of "5 reasons (of thousands) Why Donald Trump Is a WASTEMAN!"

These include "issuing his ridiculous, racist 'Muslim-ban'", withdrawing from the Paris Climate agreement, and "defending the violence and actions of White Supremacists."

Magid has also offered suggestions to "beat Donald Trump", urging followers to join anti-Trump demonstrations and "show solidarity with institutes, from mosques to parenthood clinics, that suffer most from Trump's politics."

Sheffield City Council have said that Magid does not have the power to ban Trump from the city.

Trump is set to meet with the Queen and the Prime Minister, although further details of what the visit will involve are unclear.

One thing about the visit is certain – Donald won't be welcome in the Steel City as long as Magid has any say over the matter.